Sunday, March 27, 2011

Do people even do this anymore?

I started a blog (which I still have) back in 2007 when I think blogging was a lot more "trendy" or "mainstream". Now, I'm not sure a lot of people even blog anymore. I know several of the blogs I used to follow, their writers have sort of forgotten about them.

For me blogging is a great way to express the ten million random thoughts that go thru my head in a day. I've been expressing them for the last year or so on Facebook, but there's only so much i can write in 160 characters, or however many the FB Gods give you, and I know my FB peeps get tired of seeing me pop up in their feed 25 times a day, especially when I'm in an especially observant mood.

I haven't written on my current blog in several months but I've had a desire to start blogging again. I wanted a place to sort of carry over everything I've been posting on Facebook in a more extended fashion, but I also wanted the new blog to be something I would feel comfortable having people I actually knew read it. Sometimes it's easy to write about places, things or people when you know none of your readers actually know you or your family. I think it takes more courage to put yourself out there for everyone when everyone is people you might serve a covered dish to at the next family gathering.

I will be linking my blog on my Facebook everytime I post something new. I think I might also copy and paste some old blog posts to here from my previous blog that I wouldn't mind everyone reading. I have one in mind that I would love to share but want to re-read it first. I am really proud of some of the things I have written previously, plus it's fun to go back and see the things that have happened to you that you had forgotten about. It's a lot like reading your texts on Sunday morning after a particularly drunken Saturday night. Not that I have any experience with that or anything...

1 comment:

  1. Yep people still do this. I have not blogged in a couple of years but still follow quite a few. Good to see you on blogspot.

    ReplyDelete