Sunday, April 24, 2011

...yeah...

One time I said I would do these blogs filled with interesting things to see and do on the Internet every Saturday. I've never posted them on a Saturday since. So sue me.

First of all, it's Royal Wedding week. Still super psyched about it, even though people are starting to seriously make fun of me. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for a lavish wedding. Also, in case you missed last week's episode of The Middle, the mother, played by Patricia Heaton is also coo coo for the royal wedding and even said something that was almost a direct quote of what I said to Adam just a few days before. "She's arriving in a car and leaving in a carriage! It's like she's arriving a commoner and leaving a princess!!" Ok, maybe I do deserve to be made fun of! I may have gone totally batshit crazy. Anyway, what I'm trying to say in this rant is that this week I discovered that Kate Middleton has a sister named Pippa. PIPPA!! It's such a smarky name that I love it!! I want to change my middle name to Pippa. I want to bear a child and name it Pippa. I'm totally naming all 72 sea monkeys the kids got for Christmas that simply will NOT die, Pippa!! (all except for that dead one attached to one of the living ones. That guy is still named, Doug.) I love it.

I found out about Pippa from this article from Celebitchy. First let's just go ahead and put it out there because I know what you're thinking. Kate is definitely the hotter sister and that's probably why she landed the prince, (though you can't argue with the fact that Pippa has a pretty incredible set of legs) but from the article it sounds like Pippa is on a man hunt of her own. I like how it describes her and her friends as incestuous. It's actually how I think all celeb groups of friends are. Just keep screwing each other and only date from within your circle. There's gonna be a scandal sometime in the next two years and it's going to involve Pippa, a list of sexual partners and a trunk load of coke. You heard it here first.

This is a site I used to love to read all night long at work until such sites were blocked. It is Overheard In New York. From here you can also find Overheard In The Office, Overheard At The Beach and Overheard Everywhere. Some of the things you will find here will crack your shit up.

Texts From Last Night is another one of those blogs that you end up reading and then suddenly it's three hours later. There are so many of these that have made me think, oh god, I've been to that party. Or, "Yikes! I did that too...wonder if Jim remembers why I did that??" One of my favorite texts from the site is:  "We convinced you to take a shot out of the sponge...there were still suds in it." I like to think the entire premise for the movie, The Hangover was based on this website. Classic.

To go along with Texts From Last Night is the After 12 link on Failblog. If you have a weak stomach for pictures of people puking, I probably wouldn't check this link out.

No comments:

Post a Comment